GW Jump Start Summer Success Program
Today’s college students are heterogeneous in many dimensions, including ethnicity, academic interest, precollege achievements, religious backgrounds, and more. A Summer Bridge Program is designed to provide a comprehensive orientation and transition experience for any admitted student.
Summer Bridge Program 2024
The George Washington University Summer Bridge Program is six weeks (July 1 to August 10) with a two-day orientation hosted for all participants on June 30th and 31st. Two delivery formats are available for students, residential (live on campus) and commuter.
Students will be enrolled in classes based upon test scores and transfer credits that are available by the start of the Summer Bridge program. This means that all transcripts and placement, AP, and/or IB test scores must be available before the start date of the program to determine class enrollment.
Participating students will:
- Take one college-level course fulfilling a GW degree requirement (all programs)
- Participate in a math immersion experience designed to prepare students for their math placement exam
- Gain a jump start to life at GW before the fall semester
- Receive small group and individual instructive academic advising
- Career development: Individual career coaching appointment to review resume and discuss plans for internships, full-time job search, and longer-term career goals; optional workshop on networking and informational interviewing; and, an opportunity to participate in a half-day job shadow program with DC-area alumni professionals.
- Attend engagement programming such as Alumni Networking, meet the faculty, etc.
- Participate in a closing ceremony
Cost covered by GW
Mount Vernon or Foggy Bottom
Two Meals Per Day
How to Apply
- Complete the application opening in May 2024.
- Provide proof of vaccination.